BizStore » Books » Five Easy Theses: Commonsense Solutions to America’s Greatest Economic Challenges
Brand: Stone James
Feature: Five Easy Theses Commonsense Solutions to America S Greatest Economic Challenges
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Manufacturer: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2016-05-03
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Release Date: 2016-05-03
Studio: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
• Five Easy Theses Commonsense Solutions to America S Greatest Economic Challenges
A NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
A business leader and esteemed economic thinker outlines simple solutions to America’s five most pressing public policy issues, from healthcare to education to inequality.
America today confronts a host of urgent problems, many of them seemingly intractable, but some we are entirely capable of solving. In Five Easy Theses, James M. Stone presents specific, common-sense solutions to a handful of our most pressing challenges, showing how simple it would be to shore up Social Security, rein in an out-of-control financial sector, reduce inequality, and make healthcare and education better and more affordable. The means are right in front of us, Stone explains, in various policy options that — if implemented — could preserve or enhance government revenue while also channeling the national economy toward the greater good.
Accessible and thought provoking, Five Easy Theses reveals that a more democratic, prosperous America is well within our reach.
• The Startup Checklist: 25 Steps to a Scalable, High-Growth Business
• Irrational Persistence: Seven Secrets That Turned a Bankrupt Startup Into a $231,000,000 Business
• Change Your Home, Change Your Life with Color: What's Your Color Story?
• Good People: The Only Leadership Decision That Really Matters
• 2 Chairs: The Secret That Changes Everything
• On the Clock (Morgan James Fiction)
• A Perfect Score: The Art, Soul, and Business of a 21st-Century Winery
• The Employee Experience: How to Attract Talent, Retain Top Performers, and Drive Results
• Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet
• Building the Internet of Things: Implement New Business Models, Disrupt Competitors, Transform Your Industry