BizStore » Books » Spark: How to Lead Yourself and Others to Greater Success
Brand: Houghton Mifflin
Feature: Houghton Mifflin
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Manufacturer: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2017-01-03
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Release Date: 2017-01-03
Studio: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
• Houghton Mifflin
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Leadership isn’t about a job title – it’s about action and behavior.
In SPARK, entrepreneurs, business consultants and military Veterans Angie Morgan, Courtney Lynch, and Sean Lynch show how anyone can become an extraordinary leader by embracing seven key behaviors.
Many people believe that leaders are the rare few at the upper echelons of a business or other enterprise. But the truth is leaders can be found at any level of an organization.
These are the Sparks – the doers, thinkers, innovators, and key influencers who are catalysts for personal and organizational change. Sparks aren’t defined by the place they hold on an organizational chart. They are defined by their actions, commitment, and will.
When Sparks are ignited, their actions can shape their future. They make things better. They’re the individuals who have the courage to challenge the status quo and take action.
Frederick W. Smith, Chairman & CEO of FedEx Corporation, adds: The concept of leadership is not a difficult one to understand. It’s that straight-forward, but it’s by no means intuitive. It must be learned and practiced. SPARK will help you do just that.
SPARK’s insights were hard-earned by its authors, Angie Morgan (Marine Corps), Courtney Lynch (Marine Corps), and Sean Lynch (Air Force), who today are sought-after consultants and keynote speakers, through their firm Lead Star, due to the relevant, engaging way they help individuals reimagine themselves as leaders so they can reach their true potential.
Not only does SPARK provide you with the encouragement and motivation to be a leader, it also offers online resources that will further support your leadership development. With SPARK as a blueprint, anyone can become a catalyst for change, and any organization can identify and develop Sparks.
• The Mushin Way to Peak Performance: The Path to Productivity, Balance, and Success
• The Third Wave: An Entrepreneur's Vision of the Future
• The Employee Experience: How to Attract Talent, Retain Top Performers, and Drive Results
• Unblinded: One Man’s Courageous Journey Through Darkness to Sight
• Dream Differently: Candid Advice for America's Students
• Open Source Leadership: Reinventing Management When There’s No More Business as Usual
• The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future
• The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness
• WEconomy: You Can Find Meaning, Make A Living, and Change the World
• Leading from the Front: No-Excuse Leadership Tactics for Women