BizStore » Books » Bringing it Home - France : Creating the Feeling of France in Your Home Room by Room
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Clarkson Potter
Manufacturer: Clarkson Potter
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 1995-10-24
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Release Date: 1995-10-24
Studio: Clarkson Potter
What is it that makes daily life in France so delightful? And how can you create this charm in your own home?
Author Cheryl MacLachlan spent years living, dining and conversing with families throughout France, where she uncovered the many small details that lend warmth, style and personality to the French home. In Bringing It Home--France, she explores the seemingly minor but so important elements that go into composing the French lifestyle: how a bed is made, for example, how dinner is served, how a sense of family warmth is achieved in the living room. She further explains how these elements can enrich any home anywhere, using simple techniques and easily available resources.
Bringing It Home--France leads the reader room by room through the house, then on to the garden and the marketplace to cover the full range of life and style in la belle France. Learn the French approach to interior decoration; discover invaluable tips for everything from entertaining to housekeeping; and enjoy brief, witty guides to the best of French furniture, crafts, foods and wines. More than 200 gorgeous full-color photographs by Ivan Terestchenko bring you right into a number of remarkable homes, in both France and the United States. For all those who appreciate the houses, the food, the style, the savoir faire of life in France--here's a thoroughly inviting guide to bringing it all home.
Discover the real secrets of French style as Cheryl MacLachlan reveals how to add the warmth and beauty of France to your own home, using simple techniques and readily available resources. With more than 200 beautiful color photographs and countless creative tips, Bringing It Home--France captures the charms of decorating, entertaining and living with the feeling of France--anywhere in the world.
• Bringing Italy Home: Creating the Feeling of Italy in Your Home Room by Room (Bringing It Home Series)
• Bringing It Home: England: The Ultimate Guide to Creating the Feeling of England in Your Home
• Bringing It Home: Sweden: The Ultimate Guide to Creating the Feeling of Sweden in Your Home
• New French Country: A Style and Source Book
• Paris Flea Market Style
• Pierre Deux's Paris Country: A Style and Source Book of the Ile-De-France, Linda Dannenberg
• Victoria: Romantic Country Style: Creating the English Country Look in Your Home
• Perfect English Cottage
• The Heart of France
• English Country Cottage: Interiors, Details & Gardens