BizStore » Books » Designs and Motifs from India (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Dover Publications
Manufacturer: Dover Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 64
Publication Date: 2004-02-28
Publisher: Dover Publications
Release Date: 2004-02-03
Studio: Dover Publications
This rich treasury of traditional designs, developed by Indian artists over thousands of years, contains motifs distinguished by their intricacy and fanciful nature. More than 200 black-and-white illustrations have been adapted by Marty Noble from a diverse array of authentic sources, including ancient pottery, mosaics, and illuminated manuscripts as well as more recently created embroideries and fabrics.
Here are finely detailed examples of Rangoli art (complex ritual motifs used to decorate courtyards, floors, and walls of Indian houses); details from fresco paintings; stencil designs; patterns from jewelry; tattoos; architectural décor and metalwork; and designs in wood and ivory.
Perfect for artistic and design inspiration, these striking, royalty-free motifs can be easily adapted for use in textiles and wallpaper, in furniture design, and in a host of other art and craft projects.
• Authentic Turkish Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Paisleys and Other Textile Designs from India (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Traditional Japanese Design Motifs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Treasury of Flower Designs for Artists, Embroiderers and Craftsmen (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Traditional Chinese Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Decorative Flower and Leaf Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• 5000 Designs and Motifs from India (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Arabic Geometrical Pattern and Design (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Floral Designs and Motifs for Artists, Needleworkers and Craftspeople (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• 1000 Decorative Designs from India (Dover Pictorial Archive)