BizStore » Books » The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project Patterns for Line Carving, Relief Carving, Carving in the Round, and Bird Carving
BizStore » Book
The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving: With Project Patterns for Line Carving, Relief Carving, Carving in the Round, and Bird Carving
Brand: DOVER PUBLICATIONS
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Dover Publications
Manufacturer: Dover Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 1988-08-01
Publisher: Dover Publications
Release Date: 1988-08-01
Studio: Dover Publications
• Brand New Item / Unopened Product
• Dover Publications
"An excellent book for all carvers." — The Mallet
"A woodcarver is one who can take a scrap of wood, breathe life into it with patient, skilled hands, and make it a warm object of lasting beauty. That is creativity," say award-winning craftsmen Beiderman and Johnston in this well-organized and highly instructive guidebook that tells you everything you need to know to create attractive woodcarvings.
Especially written for the novice, it shows how to produce realistic animals, flowers, and humorous figures in a variety of forms: in the round, in relief, and as line carvings. A wide spectrum of more than 60 project patterns offers practical plans and ideas for carvers at all levels of expertise.
The authors provide a detailed yet easy-to-follow introduction to carving tools and how to use them. There are also helpful hints to guide beginning carvers through difficult stages of carving, and expert advice on painting and finishing, woodcarving as gifts, how to exhibit and enter carvings in competition, and much more. You'll even find a whole chapter devoted to carving birds.
Abundantly illustrated with over 200 photographs and detailed line drawings, this first paperback edition of The Beginner's Handbook of Woodcarving will be welcomed by any would-be woodcarver seeking a thorough, reliable, and crystal-clear introduction to the age-old art of carving wood.
• Walnut Hollow Basswood Whittlers Carving Blocks 10 Piece
• Chris Pye's Woodcarving Course & Reference Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Traditional Techniques (Fox Chapel Publishing) Relief Carving and In-the-Round Step-by-Step (Woodcarving Illustrated Books)
• Carving Faces Workbook: Learn to Carve Facial Expressions with the Legendary Harold Enlow (Fox Chapel Publishing) Detailed Lips, Eyes, Noses, and Hair to Add Expressive Life to Your Woodcarvings
• Carving the Little Guys: Easy Techniques for Beginning Woodcarvers (Fox Chapel Publishing) Skill-Building Introduction to the Art of Caricature Carving: Wood, Tools, Sharpening, Finishing, & More
• Complete Starter Guide to Whittling: 24 Easy Projects You Can Make in a Weekend (Fox Chapel Publishing) Beginner-Friendly Step-by-Step Instructions, Tips, and Ready-to-Carve Patterns for Toys & Gifts
• 20-Minute Whittling Projects: Fun Things to Carve from Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions & Photos to Whittle Expressive Figures; Wizards, Gargoyles, Dogs, & More for Gift-Giving
• Beginner's Premium Basswood Carving Blocks Kit - Best Wood Carving Kit for Kids - Preferred Soft Wood Block sizes included - Made in the USA
• Large Basswood Carving Blocks Kit - Best Wood Carving Kit for Kids - Preferred Soft Wood Block Sizes Included - Made in The USA
• Treeline Leather Thumb Guard, Size Large, Made in USA
• Whittling Little Folk: 20 Delightful Characters to Carve and Paint (Fox Chapel Publishing) Scandinavian Style Flat-Plane Carving with 4-Perspective Photos Providing 360-Degree Views of Each Project