BizStore » Books » Floral Designs and Motifs for Artists, Needleworkers and Craftspeople (Dover Pictorial Archive)
BizStore » Book
Floral Designs and Motifs for Artists, Needleworkers and Craftspeople (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Dover Publications
Manufacturer: Dover Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 80
Publication Date: 1984-09-01
Publisher: Dover Publications
Release Date: 1984-09-01
Studio: Dover Publications
Flowers are among nature's most beautiful creations, infinitely varied in form and texture, strikingly vivid in color. Now you can bring the freshness of a whole garden of exquisite flowers to your needlework and art projects with this versatile collection of original floral designs.
Noted illustrator and fabric designer Charlene Tarbox brings sophisticated pen and ink techniques and design ingenuity to 136 floral motifs presented here for copyright-free use. A wide variety of plants and flowers are represented, spanning the seasons from early spring crocuses to autumn chrysanthemums. You'll find popular flowers in a number of horticultural varieties, native wildflowers, houseplants, and shrubs.
Included in the selection are the Aztec Lily, African Violet, Bog Rosemary, Camellia, Dogwood, Evening Primrose, Forget-me-not, Gloxinia, Holly, Sacred Lotus, Magnolia, Oak, Orchid, Wild Strawberry, Parrot Tulip, and dozens of other floral motifs.
These crisply rendered designs lend themselves to a myriad of decorative applications: needlework and craft projects, illustrations, borders, frames, and corner cuts for advertisements, stationery, book covers, menus, invitations, almost anything that would be enhanced by an elegant floral touch.
Needleworkers, craftspeople, graphic artists, illustrators, and anyone needing floral illustrations will find this volume a handy source of exceptional, ready-to-use designs . . . costing only pennies apiece.
• Treasury of Flower Designs for Artists, Embroiderers and Craftsmen (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Wildflower Designs and Motifs for Artists and Craftspeople (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Fantastic Ornament: 110 Designs and Motifs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Plants: 2400 Copyright-Free Illustrations of Flowers, Trees, Fruits and Vegetables
• Victorian Floral Illustrations: 344 Wood Engravings of Exotic Flowers and Plants (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• 2,286 Traditional Stencil Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Hands: A Pictorial Archive from Nineteenth-Century Sources (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Big Book of Plant and Flower Illustrations (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• 1300 Real and Fanciful Animals from Seventeenth-Century Engravings (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• Treasury of Art Nouveau Design & Ornament (Dover Pictorial Archive)