BizStore » Books » The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2012-03-13
There is a competitive advantage out there, arguably more powerfulthan any other. Is it superior strategy? Faster innovation? Smarteremployees? No, New York Times best-selling author, PatrickLencioni, argues that the seminal difference between successfulcompanies and mediocre ones has little to do with what they knowand how smart they are and more to do with how healthy they are. Inthis book, Lencioni brings together his vast experience and many ofthe themes cultivated in his other best-selling books and deliversa first: a cohesive and comprehensive exploration of the uniqueadvantage organizational health provides.
Simply put, an organization is healthy when it is whole,consistent and complete, when its management, operations andculture are unified. Healthy organizations outperform theircounterparts, are free of politics and confusion and provide anenvironment where star performers never want to leave.Lencioni’s first non-fiction book provides leaders with agroundbreaking, approachable model for achieving organizationalhealth—complete with stories, tips and anecdotes from hisexperiences consulting to some of the nation’s leadingorganizations. In this age of informational ubiquity andnano-second change, it is no longer enough to build a competitiveadvantage based on intelligence alone. The Advantage provides afoundational construct for conducting business in a newway—one that maximizes human potential and aligns theorganization around a common set of principles.
• The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate The Three Essential Virtues
• The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
• Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable...About Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business
• The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: A Leadership Fable
• The Five Temptations of a CEO, Anniversary Edition: A Leadership Fable
• The Truth About Employee Engagement: A Fable About Addressing the Three Root Causes of Job Misery
• Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
• Silos, Politics and Turf Wars: A Leadership Fable About Destroying the Barriers That Turn Colleagues Into Competitors
• Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty
• The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate The Three Essential Virtues [Jan 01, 2016] Lencioni, Patrick M.