BizStore » Books » Spider-Man and Philosophy: The Web of Inquiry
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2012-05-15
Untangle the complex web of philosophical dilemmas of Spidey andhis world—in time for the release of The AmazingSpider-Man movie
Since Stan Lee and Marvel introduced Spider-Man in AmazingFantasy #15 in 1962, everyone’s favorite webslinger hashad a long career in comics, graphic novels, cartoons, movies, andeven on Broadway. In this book some of history’s mostpowerful philosophers help us explore the enduring questions andissues surrounding this beloved superhero: Is Peter Parker to blamefor the death of his uncle? Does great power really bring greatresponsibility? Can Spidey champion justice and be with Mary Janeat the same time? Finding your way through this web of inquiry,you’ll discover answers to these and many otherthought-provoking questions.
• Batman and Philosophy: The Dark Knight of the Soul
• Superman and Philosophy: What Would the Man of Steel Do?
• The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers
• X-Men and Philosophy: Astonishing Insight and Uncanny Argument in the Mutant X-Verse
• Superheroes and Philosophy: Truth, Justice, and the Socratic Way (Popular Culture and Philosophy)
• Green Lantern and Philosophy: No Evil Shall Escape this Book
• Wonder Woman and Philosophy: The Amazonian Mystique (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
• What is a Superhero?
• Captain America vs. Iron Man: Freedom, Security, Psychology
• Doctor Strange and Philosophy: The Other Book of Forbidden Knowledge (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)