BizStore » Books » Optimizing Corporate Portfolio Management: Aligning Investment Proposals with Organizational Strategy
BizStore » Book
Optimizing Corporate Portfolio Management: Aligning Investment Proposals with Organizational Strategy
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2007-04-27
If where an organization allocates its resources determines itsstrategy, why is it that so few companies actively manage theresource allocation process? "Optimizing Corporate PortfolioManagement: Aligning Investment Proposals with OrganizationalStrategy" goes beyond platitudes about why you should use corporateportfolio management (CPM) by offering a practical methodology tobring this powerful discipline to your organization.
"Optimizing Corporate Portfolio Management" takes an expansiveview of where CPM can be utilized by demonstrating that it can beused across any business line, product group or functional area,e.g., IT, R&D, innovation, marketing, salesforce, capitalexpenditure, etc. CPM is appropriate anywhere discretionaryinvestments are being selected and executed. As a result, otherterms used to describe portfolio management such as IT portfoliomanagement, enterprise portfolio management, and project portfoliomanagement are all merely subsets or slices of CPM.
The book is written by Anand Sanwal, an expert on CPM, who hasled American Express' CPM discipline (referred to as AmericanExpress Investment Optimization). American Express' CPM efforts arewidely recognized as the most extensive, substantial andprogressive deployment of CPM across any organization. Sanwalavoids academic theories and consultant jargon to ultimatelydeliver pragmatic and proven recommendations on how to make CPM areality. The book features a foreword by Gary Crittenden, formerCFO and EVP of American Express, and several case studies fromleading financial services, technology, and governmentorganizations utilizing CPM. Additionally, the book has receivedsignificant praise from thought leaders at Google, HP, AmericanExpress, The CFO Executive Board, Gartner, Accenture MarketingSciences, The Wharton School of Business and many others.
• Portfolio Management For New Products: Second Edition
• Project Portfolio Management: A Practical Guide to Selecting Projects, Managing Portfolios, and Maximizing Benefits
• Mastering Project Portfolio Management: A Systems Approach to Achieving Strategic Objectives
• Business Driven Project Portfolio Management: Conquering the Top 10 Risks That Threaten Success
• Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO: Multiplying ROI at Warp Speed
• Essential Project Investment Governance and Reporting: Preventing Project Fraud and Ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
• The Standard for Portfolio Management
• The Program Management Office: Establishing, Managing And Growing the Value of a PMO