BizStore » Books » Le Morte D'Arthur: King Arthur and the Legends of the Round Table (Signet Classics)
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 576
Publication Date: 2010-02-02
Release Date: 2010-02-02
From the incredible wizadry of Merlin to the passion of Gwynevere and Sir Lancelot, these tales of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table offer epic adventures with the supernatural as well as timeless battles with our own humanity.
In a time when there were damsels in distress to save and mythical dragons to slay, King Arthur and his knights were there to render justice in the face of any danger.
Keith Baine's splendid rendition of Le Morte d'Arthur faithfully preserves the original flavor of Malory's masterpiece—that of banners and bloodshed, knights and ladies, Christians and sorcerers, sentiment and savagery. It remains a vivid medieval tapestry woven about a central figure who symbolizes the birth of an age of chivalry.
Includes an Introduction by Robert Graves
and an Afterword by Christopher Cannon
• Great Sonnets (Dover Thrift Editions)
• Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; [and] Sir Orfeo
• Paradise Lost (Dover Thrift Editions)
• The Confessions of St. Augustine (Dover Thrift Editions)
• Beowulf: A New Verse Translation (Bilingual Edition)
• Idylls of the King (Penguin Classics)
• Fierce Wars and Faithful Loves: Book I of Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene
• The Once and Future King
• Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Signet Classics)