BizStore » Books » God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
Brand: Twelve Publishing
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 2009-04-06
• Great product!
In the tradition of Bertrand Russell's Why I Am Not a Christian and Sam Harris's recent bestseller, The End of Faith, Christopher Hitchens makes the ultimate case against religion. With a close and erudite reading of the major religious texts, he documents the ways in which religion is a man-made wish, a cause of dangerous sexual repression, and a distortion of our origins in the cosmos. With eloquent clarity, Hitchens frames the argument for a more secular life based on science and reason, in which hell is replaced by the Hubble Telescope's awesome view of the universe, and Moses and the burning bush give way to the beauty and symmetry
of the double helix.
• The God Delusion
• The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
• The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever
• Hitch-22: A Memoir
• Letters to a Young Contrarian (Art of Mentoring (Paperback))
• Arguably: Essays by Christopher Hitchens
• Letter to a Christian Nation
• Breaking Open the Head: A Psychedelic Journey into the Heart of Contemporary Shamanism
• The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution