BizStore » Books » Improving Comprehension with Think-Aloud Strategies: Modeling What Good Readers Do
Department: Pens & Desk Supplies
Edition: Edition Unstated
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Scholastic Professional Books
Legal Disclaimer: Copyright 2001
Manufacturer: Scholastic Professional Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2001-10-01
Publisher: Scholastic Professional Books
Studio: Scholastic Professional Books
• Great product!
Think aloud as you read from a novel, a textbook, or any kind of book and watch your students become confident, fluent readers! With this simple, powerful technique, you can show students how you use strategies such as inferring, visualizing, and summarizing. Finally, students can "see" what good readers do and apply it to their own reading process. Think alouds are great for struggling readers, because they make reading an active, social experience. Includes engaging activities like Open Mind, Fish Bowl, Thought Bubbles, Post its, and more. For use with Grades 3-8.
• 7 Keys to Comprehension: How to Help Your Kids Read It and Get It!
• A Snicker of Magic
• Strategies That Work: Teaching Comprehension for Understanding and Engagement
• Reading Assessment: Linking Language, Literacy, and Cognition
• The Reading Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers
• Disrupting Thinking: Why How We Read Matters
• Unlocking Literacy: Effective Decoding and Spelling Instruction, Second Edition
• Bringing Words to Life, Second Edition: Robust Vocabulary Instruction
• The Writing Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Writers
• Engaging Readers & Writers with Inquiry (Theory and Practice)