BizStore » Books » Life's That Way: A Memoir
Feature: Berkley Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 2010-04-06
Release Date: 2010-04-06
• Berkley Books
A remarkable memoir that shows the capacity of the human heart to heal after the challenge of having to say goodbye.
Even the hardest lessons contain great gifts.
Jim Beaver and his wife Cecily Adams appeared to have it all-following years of fertility treatments, they were finally parents and they were building their dream home and successful Hollywood careers. Life was good. But then their daughter, Maddie, was diagnosed as autistic. Weeks later, Cecily, a non-smoker, was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. Sadly, after 14 years of marriage, Jim became a widower and a single dad.
Faced with overwhelming grief, Jim reached out to family and friends by writing a nightly email-a habit he established when Cecily was first diagnosed. Initially a cathartic exercise for Jim, the prose became an unforgettable journey for his readers. Life's That Way is a compilation of those profound, compelling emails.
• Family Don't End with Blood: Cast and Fans on How Supernatural Has Changed Lives
• ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY The Ultimate Guide to Supernatural
• You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir
• Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
• The Mythology of Supernatural: The Signs and Symbols Behind the Popular TV Show
• Fangasm: Supernatural Fangirls
• Supernatural: Season 13
• Supernatural: Witch's Canyon (Supernatural Series)
• The Silent Corner: A Novel of Suspense (Jane Hawk)
• The Supernatural Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls