BizStore » Books » The Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Founding
Brand: Vintage Books
Edition: 1st Vintage Books ed
Feature: An important piece of Australian history - the first settlement by convicts.
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Vintage Books
Manufacturer: Vintage Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 628
Publication Date: 1988-02-12
Publisher: Vintage Books
Release Date: 1988-02-12
Studio: Vintage Books
• An important piece of Australian history - the first settlement by convicts.
• One and five-eighths inches of dynamite writing!
In this bestselling account of the colonization of Australia, Robert Hughes explores how the convict transportation system created the country we know today.
Digging deep into the dark history of England's infamous efforts to move 160,000 men and women thousands of miles to the other side of the world in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Hughes has crafted a groundbreaking, definitive account of the settling of Australia.
Tracing the European presence in Australia from early explorations through the rise and fall of the penal colonies, and featuring 16 pages of illustrations and 3 maps, The Fatal Shore brings to life the incredible true history of a country we thought we knew.
• In a Sunburned Country
• The United States of Australia: An Aussie Bloke Explains Australia to Americans
• The Penguin History of New Zealand
• Come On Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All: A New Zealand Story
• A Commonwealth of Thieves: The Improbable Birth of Australia
• The Songlines (Penguin Classics)
• True History of the Kelly Gang: A Novel
• The Secret River
• Lonely Planet Australia (Travel Guide)
• A Traveller's History of Australia