BizStore » Books » How to Read Jung (How to Read)
Brand: Tacey, David J.
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: W. W. Norton & Company
Manufacturer: W. W. Norton & Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 144
Publication Date: 2007-01-17
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
Studio: W. W. Norton & Company
“The world today hangs by a thin thread, and that thread is the psyche of man.”―Carl Gustav JungThe How to Read series provides a context and an explanation that will facilitate and enrich your understanding of texts vital to the canon. These books use excerpts from the major texts to explain essential topics, such as C. G. Jung's dynamic vision of the self, pitted against an ailing Western civilization.
Jung was the original anti-psychiatrist, who believed that the real patient was not the suffering individual, but a sick and ailing Western civilization. His true aim, in all of his work, was a therapy of the West.
David Tacey introduces the reader to Jung’s unique style and approach, which is at once scientific and prophetic. He explores the radical themes at the core of Jung’s psychology, and interprets the dynamic vision of the whole self that inspires and motivates Jung’s work.
• How to Read Freud (How to Read)
• Exploring Faith and Reason: The Reconciliation of Christianity and Biological Evolution
• The Darkening Spirit: Jung, spirituality, religion
• Five Lectures on Psycho-Analysis (The Standard Edition) (Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud)
• The Communist Manifesto: A Road Map to History's Most Important Political Document
• How to Read Foucault (How to Read)
• How to Read Kierkegaard (How to Read)
• How to Read Nietzsche (How to Read)
• How to Read Marx (How to Read)
• How to Read Heidegger (How to Read)