BizStore » Books » The Ten Faces of Innovation: IDEO's Strategies for Beating the Devil's Advocate and Driving Creativity Throughout Your Organization
BizStore » Book
The Ten Faces of Innovation: IDEO's Strategies for Beating the Devil's Advocate and Driving Creativity Throughout Your Organization
Brand: Kelley, Tom/ Littman, Jonathan
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2005-10-18
Release Date: 2005-10-18
The author of the bestselling The Art of Innovation reveals the strategies IDEO, the world-famous design firm, uses to foster innovative thinking throughout an organization and overcome the naysayers who stifle creativity.
The role of the devil's advocate is nearly universal in business today. It allows individuals to step outside themselves and raise questions and concerns that effectively kill new projects and ideas, while claiming no personal responsibility. Nothing is more potent in stifling innovation.
Over the years, IDEO has developed ten roles people can play in an organization to foster innovation and new ideas while offering an effective counter to naysayers. Among these approaches are the Anthropologist—the person who goes into the field to see how customers use and respond to products, to come up with new innovations; the Cross-pollinator who mixes and matches ideas, people, and technology to create new ideas that can drive growth; and the Hurdler, who instantly looks for ways to overcome the limits and challenges to any situation.
Filled with engaging stories of how Kraft, Procter and Gamble, Safeway and the Mayo Clinic have incorporated IDEO's thinking to transform the customer experience, The Ten Faces of Innovation is an extraordinary guide to nurturing and sustaining a culture of continuous innovation and renewal.
• The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America's Leading Design Firm
• Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All
• Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
• Managing Change, Creativity and Innovation
• Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques (2nd Edition)
• Quantum Leadership: Building Better Partnerships for Sustainable Health
• Writing in the Disciplines: A Reader and Rhetoric Academic for Writers (7th Edition)
• Quantum Leadership:Creating Sustainable Value In Health Care
• The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design
• Middle Range Theory for Nursing: Third Edition