BizStore » Books » Literacy Beginnings: A Prekindergarten Handbook
Item Dimensions: Array
Manufacturer Maximum Age: 5
Manufacturer Minimum Age: 4
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 472
Publication Date: 2018-06-20
Release Date: 2018-06-20
Now aligned to the Expanded Edition of The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum!
Play and language are critical learning tools for the prekindergarten child. Through play and language, they learn about their world and about themselves. Play and language are also the most important tools for early literacy learning. Think of the young child who takes a memo pad and marker around to family members, "taking orders" for dinner. Like all emergent readers and writers, this child makes no distinction between play and literacy-both involve curiosity, excitement, learning, and discovery.
In Literacy Beginnings, Irene C. Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell bring their characteristically rich, comprehensive, and practical insights to the frontier of early literacy. They show you how to tap into young children's curiosity to introduce them to the world of literacy in joyful, engaging ways.
• No More Teaching a Letter a Week (Not This but That)
• Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in Preschool and Kindergarten
• Purposeful Play: A Teacher's Guide to Igniting Deep and Joyful Learning Across the Day
• Words Their Way for PreK-K (Words Their Way Series)
• Choice Time: How to Deepen Learning Through Inquiry and Play, PreK-2
• Teach Skills and Break Habits
• When I Build With Blocks
• I Am Reading: Nurturing Young Children's Meaning Making and Joyful Engagement with Any Book
• Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package (8th Edition)
• Teaching Behavior: Managing Classrooms Through Effective Instruction