BizStore » Books » University Physics with Modern Physics Technology Update, Volume 1 (Chs. 1-20) (13th Edition)
BizStore » Book
University Physics with Modern Physics Technology Update, Volume 1 (Chs. 1-20) (13th Edition)
Brand: Brand: Addison-Wesley
Item Dimensions: Array
MPN: black & white tables, figures
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 800
Publication Date: 2013-01-25
University Physics with Modern Physics, Technology Update, Thirteenth Edition continues to set the benchmark for clarity and rigor combined with effective teaching and research-based innovation.
The Thirteenth Edition Technology Update contains QR codes throughout the textbook, enabling you to use your smartphone or tablet to instantly watch interactive videos about relevant demonstrations or problem-solving strategies.
University Physics is known for its uniquely broad, deep, and thoughtful set of worked examples–key tools for developing both physical understanding and problem-solving skills. The Thirteenth Edition revises all the Examples and Problem-solving Strategies to be more concise and direct while maintaining the Twelfth Edition's consistent, structured approach and strong focus on modeling as well as math. To help you tackle challenging as well as routine problems, the Thirteenth Edition adds Bridging Problems to each chapter, which pose a difficult, multiconcept problem and provide a skeleton solution guide in the form of questions and hints.
The text's rich problem sets—developed and refined over six decades—are upgraded to include larger numbers of problems that are biomedically oriented or require calculus. The problem-set revision is driven by detailed student-performance data gathered nationally through MasteringPhysics®, making it possible to fine-tune the reliability, effectiveness, and difficulty of individual problems.
Complementing the clear and accessible text, the figures use a simple graphic style that focuses on the physics. They also incorporate explanatory annotations—a technique demonstrated to enhance learning.
This package consists of:
• University Physics with Modern Physics Technology Update, Volume 2 (Chs. 21-37) (13th Edition)
• Sears and Zemansky's University Physics, Vol. 2, 13th Edition
• Student Solutions Manual for University Physics Volume 1 (Chs. 1-20)
• Data Abstraction and Problem Solving with Java: Walls and Mirrors (3rd Edition)
• Computer Organization and Design MIPS Edition, Fifth Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
• MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications
• Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer
• Calculus: Early Transcendentals
• Differential Equations: A Primer for Scientists and Engineers (Springer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology)
• Campbell Biology in Focus - Standalone book