BizStore » Books » The Effective Reader (4th Edition)
List Price: $65.80Manufacturer: Pearson
Our Price: $65.80
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Author(s): D. J. Henry
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 800
Publication Date: 2014-01-12
The Effective Reader combines solid skill instruction with a wealth of guided practice to develop the quintessential abilities students need to become effective readers and critical thinkers.
The author integrates reading skills with the reading process (SQ3R) to produce more effective readers and lead students to discover the power and pleasure of reading. Providing step-by-step reading instruction, a wide range of practice and test materials, and a rich selection of readings from textbooks and other sources, the author makes students responsible for their reading–improving their major reading skills while developing a system for reading.
• Active Vocabulary (6th Edition)
• The Face on the Milk Carton (The Face on the Milk Carton Series)
• English Skills with Readings
• Academic Vocabulary: Academic Words (6th Edition)
• Reviewing Basic Grammar (9th Edition)
• Real Essays with Readings: Writing for Success in College, Work, and Everyday
• The Lab Manual for The Effective Reader
• Patterns for College Writing: A Rhetorical Reader and Guide
• Focus on Writing: Paragraphs and Essays
• Prealgebra and Introductory Algebra