BizStore » Books » The Soul of A New Machine
Brand: Back Bay Books
Feature: Back Bay Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Back Bay Books
Manufacturer: Back Bay Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2000-06-01
Publisher: Back Bay Books
Studio: Back Bay Books
• Back Bay Books
Pulitzer Prize winner Tracy Kidder memorably records the drama, comedy, and excitement of one company's efforts to bring a new microcomputer to market.
Computers have changed since 1981, when The Soul of a New Machine first examined the culture of the computer revolution. What has not changed is the feverish pace of the high-tech industry, the go-for-broke approach to business that has caused so many computer companies to win big (or go belly up), and the cult of pursuing mind-bending technological innovations.
The Soul of a New Machine is an essential chapter in the history of the machine that revolutionized the world in the twentieth century.
• Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins Of The Internet
• Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
• Dealers of Lightning: Xerox PARC and the Dawn of the Computer Age
• A Truck Full of Money
• The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation
• The Chip : How Two Americans Invented the Microchip and Launched a Revolution
• The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering, Anniversary Edition (2nd Edition)
• Coders at Work: Reflections on the Craft of Programming
• The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution