BizStore » Books » Connecting the Dots: Lessons for Leadership in a Startup World
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hachette Books
Manufacturer: Hachette Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2018-09-25
Publisher: Hachette Books
Release Date: 2018-09-25
Studio: Hachette Books
Silicon Valley visionary John Chambers shares the lessons that transformed a dyslexic kid from West Virginia into one of the world's best business leaders and turned a simple router company into a global tech titan.
When Chambers joined Cisco in 1991, it was a company with 400 employees, a single product, and about $70 million in revenue. When he stepped down as CEO in 2015, he left a $47 billion tech giant that was the backbone of the internet and a leader in areas from cybersecurity to data center convergence. Along the way, he had acquired 180 companies and turned more than 10,000 employees into millionaires. Widely recognized as an innovator, an industry leader, and one of the world's best CEOs, Chambers has outlasted and outmaneuvered practically every rival that ever tried to take Cisco on--Nortel, Lucent, Alcatel, IBM, Dell, and Hewlett-Packard, to name a few.
Now Chambers is sharing his unique strategies for winning in a digital world. From his early lessons and struggles with dyslexia in West Virginia to his bold bets and battles with some of the biggest names in tech, Chambers gives readers a playbook on how to act before the market shifts, tap customers for strategy, partner for growth, build teams, and disrupt themselves. He also adapted those lessons to transform government, helping global leaders like French President Emmanuel Macron and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to create new models for growth.
As CEO of JC2 Ventures, he's now investing in a new generation of game-changing startups by helping founders become great leaders and scale their companies.
Connecting the Dots is destined to become a business classic, providing hard-won insights and critical tools to thrive during the accelerating disruption of the digital age.
• Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
• High Growth Handbook
• Leading Matters: Lessons from My Journey
• AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order
• Imagine It Forward: Courage, Creativity, and the Power of Change
• Dear Founder: Letters of Advice for Anyone Who Leads, Manages, or Wants to Start a Business
• How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone
• Driving Digital Strategy: A Guide to Reimagining Your Business
• Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs
• Mastering the Market Cycle: Getting the Odds on Your Side