BizStore » Books » A Good Walk Spoiled: Days and Nights on the PGA Tour
Brand: Little, Brown and Company
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Little, Brown and Company
Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 544
Publication Date: 1996-06-01
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Studio: Little, Brown and Company
• Great product!
In the highly acclaimed bestseller A Good Walk Spoiled, John Feinstein captures the world of professional golf as it has never been captured before. Traveling with the golfers on the PGA Tour, Feinstein gets inside the heads of the game's greatest players as well as its struggling wannabes. Meet superstars like Nick Price, who nailed a fifty-foot putt at the seventeenth to win the British Open, and Paul Azinger, who marked his return from a bout with cancer with an emotional appearance at the Buick Open. Go behind the scenes for Davis Love III's unforgettable come-from-behind victory in the Ryder Cup. In golf, Feinstein eloquently relates, the line that separates triumph from disappointment is incredibly fine. "One week you've discovered the secret to the game; the next week you never want to play it again".
On those magnificent days on which your drives split the fairway down the middle and your wedge shots leave you putting for birdie, you think: "I wonder if I could do this for a living." After all, guys in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, guys no one heard of until recently, are making planeloads of money on the various golf tours (and buying private planes to take them from one big-money tournament to the next). A Good Walk Spoiled is a bit of a reality check. John Feinstein chronicles the struggles of the top golfers in the game, as well as those trying to get onto the PGA Tour. These are gifted players who've devoted their lives to the game, and on any given day they could just flat out stink. A Good Walk Spoiled is a completely engaging book from first page to last, a wonderfully observed and masterfully told story of pain and profit in the world's most frustrating sport.
• Tales from Q School: Inside Golf's Fifth Major
• The First Major: The Inside Story of the 2016 Ryder Cup
• The Majors-In Pursuit of Golf's Holy Grail
• A Season on the Brink: A Year with Bob Knight and the Indiana Hoosiers
• The Greatest Game Ever Played: Harry Vardon, Francis Ouimet, and the Birth of Modern Golf
• The First Major: The Inside Story of the 2016 Ryder Cup (Random House Large Print)
• Open: Inside the Ropes at Bethpage Black
• The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
• The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever
• Caddy for Life: The Bruce Edwards Story