BizStore » Books » Writing Tools: 55 Essential Strategies for Every Writer
Brand: Little Brown and Company
Feature: Little Brown and Company
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Little, Brown and Company
Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2008-01-10
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Studio: Little, Brown and Company
• Little Brown and Company
A special 10th anniversary edition of Roy Peter Clark's bestselling guide to writing, featuring five bonus tools.
Ten years ago, Roy Peter Clark, America's most influential writing teacher, whittled down almost thirty years of experience in journalism, writing, and teaching into a series of fifty short essays on different aspects of writing. In the past decade, Writing Tools has become a classic guidebook for novices and experts alike and remains one of the best loved books on writing available.
Organized into four sections, "Nuts and Bolts," "Special Effects," "Blueprints for Stories," and "Useful Habits," Writing Tools is infused with more than 200 examples from journalism and literature. This new edition includes five brand new, never-before-shared tools.
Accessible, entertaining, inspiring, and above all, useful for every type of writer, from high school student to novelist, Writing Tools is essential reading.
• On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
• The Glamour of Grammar: A Guide to the Magic and Mystery of Practical English
• The Art of X-Ray Reading: How the Secrets of 25 Great Works of Literature Will Improve Your Writing
• How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times
• The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition
• The Writer's Process: Getting Your Brain in Gear
• 100 Ways to Improve Your Writing: Proven Professional Techniques for Writing with Style and Power (Mentor Series)
• On Writing: 10th Anniversary Edition: A Memoir of the Craft
• Help! For Writers: 210 Solutions to the Problems Every Writer Faces
• A Dash of Style: The Art and Mastery of Punctuation