BizStore » Books » Writing Tools: 55 Essential Strategies for Every Writer
Brand: Little Brown and Company
Feature: Little Brown and Company
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Little, Brown and Company
Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2008-01-10
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Studio: Little, Brown and Company
• Little Brown and Company
A special 10th anniversary edition of Roy Peter Clark's bestselling guide to writing, featuring five bonus tools.
Ten years ago, Roy Peter Clark, America's most influential writing teacher, whittled down almost thirty years of experience in journalism, writing, and teaching into a series of fifty short essays on different aspects of writing. In the past decade, Writing Tools has become a classic guidebook for novices and experts alike and remains one of the best loved books on writing available.
Organized into four sections, "Nuts and Bolts," "Special Effects," "Blueprints for Stories," and "Useful Habits," Writing Tools is infused with more than 200 examples from journalism and literature. This new edition includes five brand new, never-before-shared tools.
Accessible, entertaining, inspiring, and above all, useful for every type of writer, from high school student to novelist, Writing Tools is essential reading.
• A Dash of Style: The Art and Mastery of Punctuation
• When Words Collide
• On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
• The Glamour of Grammar: A Guide to the Magic and Mystery of Practical English
• Foundations of a Free & Virtuous Society
• Sin, Pride & Self-Acceptance: The Problem of Identity in Theology & Psychology
• On Writing: 10th Anniversary Edition: A Memoir of the Craft
• Political Visions & Illusions: A Survey & Christian Critique of Contemporary Ideologies
• The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation: An Easy-to-Use Guide with Clear Rules, Real-World Examples, and Reproducible Quizzes
• Art of Styling Sentences