BizStore » Books » 101 Activities for Kids in Tight Spaces: At the Doctor's Office, on Car, Train, and Plane Trips, Home Sick in Bed . . .
BizStore » Book
101 Activities for Kids in Tight Spaces: At the Doctor's Office, on Car, Train, and Plane Trips, Home Sick in Bed . . .
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: St. Martin's Griffin
Manufacturer: St. Martin's Griffin
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 1995-11-15
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: 1995-11-15
Studio: St. Martin's Griffin
You can never have enough space. And if you can't, just think of your kids--all the time they have to spend in tight spaces--like cars, planes, trains, the doctor's office, the grocery store, being sick or housebound, waiting in line. Kids need room to move around, but there are many times when they just plain can't have it.
While raising two exuberant boys, teaching preschool, leading Cub Scouts, and running a birthday party business, Carol Kranowitz came up with savvy, creative ways to keep kids content in tight spaces. Her activity ideas combine old standbys with new ones born of desperation and cramped quarters. They follow a philosophy that helps kids develop their different skills and abilities while entertaining themselves and interacting.
You'll find great projects for every imaginable small space parents and children encounter:
Fun Food for Tiny Kitchens: Ants on a Log, Footprints in the Snow, and Aiken Drum Faces
In the Urban Community: Windowsill Garden, Bug Jar, and Corn-on-the-Sponge
When the Walls Seem to Be Closing In: Pillow Crashing, People Sandwich, and Teeter-Totter
When what you've got is a small space and a restless child, what you need are 101 ingenious solutions--right away. Here they are--easy to implement, creative fun for the three to seven-year-old--activities that can turn tough moments into teachable, terrific ones.
• The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, Revised Edition: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder (The Out-of-Sync Child Series)
• The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder (The Out-of-Sync Child Series)
• Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues, Revised Edition
• Growing an In-Sync Child: Simple, Fun Activities to Help Every Child Develop, Learn, and Grow
• Starting Sensory Therapy: Fun Activities for the Home and Classroom!
• Cure Your Child with Food: The Hidden Connection Between Nutrition and Childhood Ailments