BizStore » Books » Understanding Sexual Identity: A Resource for Youth Ministry
Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
Feature: Youth Specialties
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2013-10-14
Release Date: 2013-10-14
• Youth Specialties
Today’s youth struggle with difficult questions of sexual identity. How can a youth worker offer wise care and counsel on such a controversial and confusing subject? Mark Yarhouse, director of the Institute for the Study of Sexual Identity, equips youth ministers so they can faithfully navigate the topic of sexual identity in a way that is honest, compassionate, and accessible.
Reframing the focus away from the culture wars, Yarhouse introduces readers to the developmental considerations in the formation of sexual identity―all of which occurs in the teen years. He offers practical and helpful ways to think about homosexuality along with suggestions for talking with people who experience same-sex attraction. He also helps parents and youth volunteers learn to graciously respond to children and teens who struggle with questions of sexual identity, and discusses how youth ministry can become more relevant in the lives of youth who are navigating these issues.
• Understanding Gender Dysphoria: Navigating Transgender Issues in a Changing Culture (Christian Association for Psychological Studies Books)
• Homosexuality and the Christian: A Guide for Parents, Pastors, and Friends
• Talking Points: Transgender
• Meet Generation Z: Understanding and Reaching the New Post-Christian World
• Washed and Waiting: Reflections on Christian Faithfulness and Homosexuality
• Living in a Gray World: A Christian Teen’s Guide to Understanding Homosexuality
• Is God anti-gay? (Questions Christians Ask)
• Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity
• Shaping the Spiritual Life of Students: A Guide for Youth Workers, Pastors, Teachers & Campus Ministers
• God and the Transgender Debate