BizStore » Books » Evangelical Theology: A Biblical and Systematic Introduction
Brand: HarperCollins Christian Pub.
Edition: 1St Edition
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Zondervan Academic
Manufacturer: Zondervan Academic
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 912
Publication Date: 2013-10-30
Publisher: Zondervan Academic
Release Date: 2013-10-30
Studio: Zondervan Academic
• Used Book in Good Condition
Evangelical Theology is a systematic theology written from the perspective of a biblical scholar. Michael F. Bird contends that the center, unity, and boundary of the evangelical faith is the evangel (= gospel), as opposed to things like justification by faith or inerrancy. The evangel is the unifying thread in evangelical theology and the theological hermeneutic through which the various loci of theology need to be understood.
Using the gospel as a theological leitmotif―an approach to Christian doctrine that begins with the gospel and sees each loci through the lens of the gospel―this text presents an authentically evangelical theology, as opposed to an ordinary systematic theology written by an evangelical theologian.
According to the author, theology is the drama of gospelizing―performing and living out the gospel in the theatre of Christian life. The text features tables, sidebars, and questions for discussion. The end of every part includes a “What to Take Home” section that gives students a run-down on what they need to know. And since reading theology can often be dry and cerebral, the author applies his unique sense of humor in occasional “Comic Belief” sections so that students may enjoy their learning experience through some theological humor added for good measure.
• In the Beginning, GOD: Creation, Culture, and the Spiritual Life
• Great Is the Lord: Theology for the Praise of God
• Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem
• The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything (Second Edition)
• Reading Scripture Deeply: Millennials Take a Fresh Look at the Bible
• What Christians Ought to Believe: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine Through the Apostles’ Creed
• How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: Fourth Edition
• Anatomy of the Soul: Surprising Connections between Neuroscience and Spiritual Practices That Can Transform Your Life and Relationships
• The Old Testament: A Historical, Theological, and Critical Introduction
• Introduction to Biblical Interpretation: Third Edition