BizStore » Books » Rework
Brand: Crown Business
Feature: Crown Business
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2010-03-09
Release Date: 2010-03-09
• Crown Business
Rework shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business.
Most business books give you the same old advice: Write a business plan, study the competition, seek investors, yadda yadda. If you're looking for a book like that, put this one back on the shelf.
Read it and you'll know why plans are actually harmful, why you don't need outside investors, and why you're better off ignoring the competition. The truth is, you need less than you think. You don't need to be a workaholic. You don't need to staff up. You don't need to waste time on paperwork or meetings. You don't even need an office. Those are all just excuses.
What you really need to do is stop talking and start working. This book shows you the way. You'll learn how to be more productive, how to get exposure without breaking the bank, and tons more counterintuitive ideas that will inspire and provoke you.
With its straightforward language and easy-is-better approach, Rework is the perfect playbook for anyone who’s ever dreamed of doing it on their own. Hardcore entrepreneurs, small-business owners, people stuck in day jobs they hate, victims of "downsizing," and artists who don’t want to starve anymore will all find valuable guidance in these pages.
Amazon Exclusive: Seth Godin Reviews Rework
Seth Godin is the author of Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip, Purple Cow, All Marketers Are Liars, and Permission Marketing, as well as other international bestsellers. He is consistently one of the 25 most widely read bloggers in the English language. Read his exclusive Amazon guest review of Rework:
This book will make you uncomfortable.
Depending on what you do all day, it might make you extremely uncomfortable.
That's a very good thing, because you deserve it. We all do.
Jason and David have broken all the rules and won. Again and again they've demonstrated that the regular way isn't necessarily the right way. They just don't say it, they do it. And they do it better than just about anyone has any right to expect.
This book is short, fast, sharp and ready to make a difference. It takes no prisoners, spares no quarter, and gives you no place to hide, all at the same time.
There, my review is almost as long as the first chapter of the book. I can't imagine what possible excuse you can dream up for not buying this book for every single person you work with, right now.
Stop reading the review. Buy the book.--Seth Godin
• Remote: Office Not Required
• The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need
• Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!)
• Getting Real: The Smarter, Faster, Easier Way to Build a Successful Web Application
• The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
• The Fountainhead
• The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail (Management of Innovation and Change)
• Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
• The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers
• The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide