BizStore » Books » Heritage of Power: Ancient Sculpture from West Mexico: The Andrall E. Pearson Family Collection (Metropolitan Museum of Art Series)
BizStore » Book
Heritage of Power: Ancient Sculpture from West Mexico: The Andrall E. Pearson Family Collection (Metropolitan Museum of Art Series)
Brand: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Manufacturer: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2004-10-11
Publisher: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Studio: Metropolitan Museum of Art
During the years between 300 B.C.E. and 400 C.E., peoples in a western region of Mexico lived in small, economically successful communities in a land of abundant natural resources. In these communities―now the modern Mexican states of Colima, Jalisco, and Nayarit―family lineage was important and burial sites were often conjoined to hold numerous relatives. Ceramic objects were also buried to testify to the family’s wealth; some of these were large three-dimensional human figures. These compelling figural sculptures are the focus of this book.
• Sculpture of Ancient West Mexico: Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima/a Catalogue of the Proctor Stafford Collection at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
• Ancient West Mexico: Art and archaeology of the unknown past
• Sculpture of Ancient West Mexico: Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima; The Proctor Stafford Collection
• Shaft Tombs and Figures in West Mexican Society: A Reassessment
• Design for Eternity: Architectural Models from the Ancient Americas
• Faking Ancient Mesoamerica
• Companions of the dead: Ceramic tomb sculpture from ancient West Mexico
• Stealing History: Tomb Raiders, Smugglers, and the Looting of the Ancient World
• PRE-COLUMBIAN ART OF MEXICO AND CENTRAL AMERICA. Text and Notes by Hasso Von Winning. Selection of Plates by Alfred Stendahl.
• The Shaft Tomb Figures of West Mexico.