BizStore » Books » Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Image Making for Cinematographers and Directors (Volume 1)
BizStore » Book
Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Image Making for Cinematographers and Directors (Volume 1)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Focal Press
Manufacturer: Focal Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2011-07-18
Publisher: Focal Press
Studio: Focal Press
There's more to being a DP than holding a light meter! With this book as your guide, you are on your way to learning not only about the equipment and technology, but also about the concepts and thought processes that will enable you to shoot professionally, efficiently, and with artistic mastery. A leading book in the field, Cinematography has been translated into many languages and is a staple at the world's top film schools. Lavishly produced and illustrated, it covers the entire range of the profession. The book is not just a comprehensive guide to current professional practice; it goes beyond to explain the theory behind the practice, so you understand how the rules came about and when it's appropriate to break them. In addition, directors will benefit from the book's focus on the body of knowledge they should share with their Director of Photography.
Cinematography presents the basics and beyond, employing clear explanations of standard practice together with substantial illustrations and diagrams to reveal the real world of film production.
Recognizing that professionals know when to break the rules and when to abide by them, this book discusses many examples of fresh ideas and experiments in cinematography. Covering the most up-to-date information on the film/digital interface, new formats, the latest cranes and camera support and other equipment, it also illustrates the classic tried and true methods.
New! A DVD and website includes video footage, offering key instruction in topics such as camera basics and essentials, lighting, shooting methods, and much more.
The DVD files are also available at http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/cw/brown-9780240812090/.
• The Filmmaker's Eye: Learning (and Breaking) the Rules of Cinematic Composition
• Set Lighting Technician's Handbook: Film Lighting Equipment, Practice, and Electrical Distribution
• Motion Picture and Video Lighting (Volume 3)
• Master Shots Vol 1, 2nd edition: 100 Advanced Camera Techniques to Get An Expensive Look on your Low Budget Movie
• In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing, 2nd Edition
• The Five C's of Cinematography: Motion Picture Filming Techniques
• Painting With Light
• Lighting for Cinematography: A Practical Guide to the Art and Craft of Lighting for the Moving Image (The CineTech Guides to the Film Crafts)
• The Visual Story: Creating the Visual Structure of Film, TV and Digital Media
• Film Directing Shot by Shot: Visualizing from Concept to Screen (Michael Wiese Productions)