BizStore » Books » The Didascalicon of Hugh of Saint Victor: A Guide to the Arts
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Columbia University Press
Manufacturer: Columbia University Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 254
Publication Date: 1991-10-15
Publisher: Columbia University Press
Release Date: 1991-07-01
Studio: Columbia University Press
This is the first complete translation into English of Hugh of St. Victor's Didascalicon, composed in the late 1130's.
• The Liberal Arts Tradition: A Philosophy of Christian Classical Education
• The Great Tradition: Classic Readings on What It Means to Be an Educated Human Being
• Cassiodorus: "Institutions of Divine and Secular Learning" and "On the Soul"
• On Christian Teaching
• Martianus Capella and the Seven Liberal Arts (Records of Western Civilization Series)
• The Metalogicon of John of Salisbury: A Twelfth-Century Defense Of The Verbal And Logical Arts Of The Trivium
• Whose Justice? Which Rationality?
• Introducing Logic and Critical Thinking
• Living Gently in a Violent World: The Prophetic Witness of Weakness
• Melanchthon: Orations Philos & Educ (Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy)