BizStore » Books » Art History, Combined Volume (4th Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 1198
Publication Date: 2010-07-11
For two-semester courses in Art History, Global Art History, and for Introductory Art courses taught from a historical perspective.
ART HISTORY provides students with the most student-friendly, contextual, and inclusive art history survey text on the market. These hallmarks make ART HISTORY the choice for instructors who seek to actively engage their students in the study of art.
This new edition of ART HISTORY is the result of a happy and productive collaboration between two scholar-teachers (Marilyn Stokstad and Michael Cothren) who share a common vision that survey courses on the history of art should be filled with as much enjoyment as erudition, and that they should foster an enthusiastic, as well as an educated, public for the visual arts.
Like its predecessors, this new edition seeks to balance formal and iconographic analysis with contextual art history in order to craft interpretations that will engage a diverse student population. Throughout the text, the visual arts are treated as part of a larger world, in which geography, politics, religion, economics, philosophy, social life, and the other fine arts are related components of a vibrant and cultural landscape.
Please visit www.pearsonhighered.com/stokstad4e more information and to view a video from author, Marilyn Stokstad, to see a chapter from the book and an online demo of the Prentice Hall Digital Art Library.
• Critical Perspectives on Art History
• Gardner's Art through the Ages: A Global History, Vol. 1, 14th Edition
• Barron's AP Art History, 3rd Edition
• Design Basics (with ArtExperience Online Printed Access Card)
• Biology Today and Tomorrow with Physiology
• Choosing Health
• Introduction to Organic Laboratory Techniques: A Microscale Approach (Brooks/Cole Laboratory Series for Organic Chemistry)
• Infants, Toddlers, and Caregivers: A Curriculum of Respectful, Responsive, Relationship-Based Care and Education
• Teaching Elementary Physical Education: Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
• Art History Portables Book 6 (5th Edition)