BizStore » Books » Direct Practice in Social Work (2nd Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
MPN: Illustrations, tables
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 576
Publication Date: 2008-03-21
This highly accessible direct practice text offers a practical introduction to the theories and skills necessary to engage in effective, strengths-based practice.
Developed specifically to address the issues facing students as they prepare for direct practice in today’s world, Direct Practice for Social Work interweaves diversity and social justice throughout the chapters and teaches students how to make the connections between major theories and real-world situations.
Written in an engaging style by experienced authors, this text encourages the development of students’ critical thinking skills while demonstrating the practical applications of theory.
Highlights include chapters opening case studies, numerous case studies in each chapter, and more modeled responses, sample dialogues and exercises than are found anywhere else.
Comprehensive coverage of the major theories and adherence to CSWE guidelines make this text an invaluable addition to any professional social work educational or professional library.
• Essentials of Human Behavior: Integrating Person, Environment, and the Life Course
• Primer for Critiquing Social Research: A Student Guide (Research, Statistics, & Program Evaluation)
• Dimensions of Human Behavior: The Changing Life Course
• Research Methods for Social Work: Being Producers and Consumers of Research (Updated Edition) (2nd Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
• Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition (Applications of Motivational Interviewing)
• Empowerment Series: Becoming An Effective Policy Advocate
• Research Methods for Social Workers (8th Edition) (Merrill Social Work and Human Services)
• Therapeutic Interviewing: Essential Skills and Contexts of Counseling
• Letters to a Young Therapist
• Exploring Lifespan Development (4th Edition)