BizStore » Books » Social Work Skills Demonstrated: Beginning Direct Practice Text-Workbook,2nd Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2005-08-28
The second edition of this widely popular CD-ROM with manual can be used to either teach or to review essential social work skills using the latest technology available.
Designed as a practical guide to teaching basic counseling skills, the CD-ROM contains video segments demonstrating four different, culturally diverse social worker-client interactions. Students can view the video, stop the action and respond to questions, look up references, or obtain more in-depth information about each skill segment. Common pitfalls for each skill set are noted, as well as examples of appropriate and inappropriate uses of skills and outcomes.
Social work values are discussed in the CD-ROM, as well as communication concepts and principles, interviewing and problem-solving skills, and more. The accompanying student manual allows the student to take notes and complete written exercises about the skills demonstrated. It also includes a new chapter on cultural competence and additional information on ecological perspective and systems theory.
• $2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America
• The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
• Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Understanding Generalist Practice (Book Only)
• Empowerment Series: Social Welfare Policy and Social Programs
• Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Social Welfare Policy and Social Programs (SW 323K Social Welfare Programs, Policies, and Issues)
• From the Front Lines: Student Cases in Social Work Ethics (3rd Edition) (Mysearchlab Series for Social Work)