BizStore » Books » Introduction to Native North America
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 408
Publication Date: 2011-09-30
Release Date: 2011-09-30
• Used Book in Good Condition
An Introduction to Native North America provides a basic introduction to the native peoples of North America, including both the United States and Canada. It covers the history of research, basic prehistory, the European invasion and the impact of Europeans on Native cultures. Additionally, much of the book is written from the perspective of the ethnographic present, and the various cultures are described as they were at the specific times noted in the text.
Teaching and Learning Experiences:
Improve Critical Thinking - An Introduction to Native North America provides internet resources for students to supplement reading material, and contains an extensive bibliography to aid in their research.
Engage Students - An Introduction to Native North America highlights important individuals in "VIP Profile" mini-biographies, and contains "Sidelights" throughout the text which provides short explanations of interesting aspects of native culture.
Support Instructors - Teaching your course just got easier! You can create a Customized Text or use our Instructor's Manual, Electronic "MyTest" Test Bank or PowerPoint Presentation Slides. Plus, An Introduction to Native North America's organization was designed to be used in conjunction with the Handbook of North American Indians, published by the Smithsonian Institution.
• Messages from Franks Landing : a story of salmon, treaties, and the Indian way
• Wisdom Sits in Places: Landscape and Language Among the Western Apache
• Native American Testimony: A Chronicle of Indian-White Relations from Prophecy to the Present, 1492-2000, Revised Edition
• Rifles, Blankets, & Beads: Identity, History, and the Northern Athapaskan Potlatch (The Civilization of the American Indian Series)
• Lakota Woman
• Thunder Rides a Black Horse: Mescalero Apaches and the Mythic Present
• "All the Real Indians Died Off": And 20 Other Myths About Native Americans
• No Turning Back : A Hopi Indian Woman's Struggle to Live in Two Worlds
• The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven (20th Anniversary Edition)
• Native American Voices