BizStore » Books » Introduction To The Theory Of Neural Computation (Santa Fe Institute Series)
Brand: John A Hertz
Edition: Revised ed.
Feature: Introduction To The Theory Of Neural Computation Santa Fe Institute Series
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Westview Press
Manufacturer: Westview Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 350
Publication Date: 1991-06-24
Publisher: Westview Press
Studio: Westview Press
• Introduction To The Theory Of Neural Computation Santa Fe Institute Series
Comprehensive introduction to the neural network models currently under intensive study for computational applications. It also provides coverage of neural network applications in a variety of problems of both theoretical and practical interest.
This book comprehensively discusses the neural network models from a statistical mechanics perspective. It starts with one of the most influential developments in the theory of neural networks: Hopfield's analysis of networks with symmetric connections using the spin system approach and using the notion of an energy function from physics. Introduction to the Theory of Neural Computation uses these powerful tools to analyze neural networks as associative memory stores and solvers of optimization problems. A detailed analysis of multi-layer networks and recurrent networks follow. The book ends with chapters on unsupervised learning and a formal treatment of the relationship between statistical mechanics and neural networks. Little information is provided about applications and implementations, and the treatment of the material reflects the background of the authors as physicists. However the book is essential for a solid understanding of the computational potential of neural networks. Introduction to the Theory of Neural Computation assumes that the reader is familiar with undergraduate level mathematics, but does not have any background in physics. All of the necessary tools are introduced in the book.
• Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems (Computational Neuroscience Series)
• Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
• Information Theory, Inference and Learning Algorithms
• Python Machine Learning, 1st Edition
• Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
• The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition (Springer Series in Statistics)
• Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition (Advanced Texts in Econometrics (Paperback))
• Dynamical Systems in Neuroscience: The Geometry of Excitability and Bursting (Computational Neuroscience Series)
• Modeling Brain Function: The World of Attractor Neural Networks