BizStore » Books » Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Haitian Creole Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Oxford University Press
Manufacturer: Oxford University Press
MPN: fully illustrated
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 316
Publication Date: 2008-06-15
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Studio: Oxford University Press
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food and Recreation.
Each unit starts with an Intro page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn "chunks."
The target new vocabulary is listed and simple practice activities help students put their new words into practice.
Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned.
Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit. This structure is designed to address the needs of multilevel classrooms.
Supporting components include more guidance on this topic as well as assessing needs and lesson planning. (available in English only).
• Haitian Creole-English/English-Haitian Creole Dictionary & Phrasebook (Hippocrene Dictionary & Phrasebook)
• Creole Made Easy
• My First English Haitian Creole Illustrated Dictionary (Multilingual Edition) (Creole Edition)
• Mwen reve \ I dream too (Bilingual English-Haitian Creole) (Creole Edition)
• Janjak and Freda Go to the Iron Market
• Teach Yourself Haitian Creole
• Haitian Creole Phrasebook: Essential Expressions for Communicating in Haiti
• Am I small? Eske mwen piti?: Children's Picture Book English-Haitian Creole (Bilingual Edition) (English and Haitian Edition)
• Istwa Jezi nan Bib la pou timoun (The Jesus Storybook Bible : Haitian Creole Edition)
• Pimsleur English for Haitian Creole Speakers Quick & Simple Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-8 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand English for Haitian with Pimsleur Language Programs (French Creole Edition)