BizStore » Books » The Catholic Study Bible
Brand: Oxford Univ Pr
Feature: Oxford Univ Pr
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Oxford University Press
Manufacturer: Oxford University Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 2560
Publication Date: 2016-03-01
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Studio: Oxford University Press
• Oxford Univ Pr
This landmark resource, the first fully-based on the authoritative NABRE translation, contains the trustworthy study notes, expanded essays, and informational sidebars which have guided and informed students and general readers for 25 years. In this new edition, which comes in a protective slipcase, one-third of the Reading Guide materials are new, and all of the other Guides have been reviewed and revised by their original authors.
The extensive Reading Guide, the focal point of this volume, leads the reader through the Scriptures, book by book. References and background information are clearly laid out to guide the reader to a fuller understanding of the Bible. New to this edition is a more extensive treatment of the biblical background, including history and archeology.
Other outstanding features include: a 15-page glossary of special terms and complete Sunday and weekday lectionary readings for the liturgical years of the Church. Thirty-two beautiful pages of full-color Oxford Bible Maps come with a place-name index for easy reference.
Perfect for both higher education and clergy, Bible study and general readers, The Catholic Study Bible is an essential resource for both experienced students and first-time readers.
The New American Bible Revised Edition:
The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) brings to culmination the work of nearly 100 scholars, including translators, editors, and a subcommittee of Catholic bishops who provided extensive review of the biblical text over a period of many years. The NABRE is the first major amendment to the New American Bible translation since 1991. It features:
*The first update of the Old Testament since 1970, taking into account recent archaeological and textual discoveries.
*Complete revision of the Psalter.
• Portraits of Jesus: A Reading Guide
• The Great Adventure: Bible Indexing Tabs (2017)
• Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction; Second Edition
• And God Said What?: An Introduction to Biblical Literary Forms
• Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible
• Disruptive Classroom Technologies: A Framework for Innovation in Education
• Learning First, Technology Second: The Educator's Guide to Designing Authentic Lessons
• Catechism of the Catholic Church: Second Edition
• Reason, Faith, and Tradition: Explorations in Catholic Theology, Revised Edition
• In the Beginning…': A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall (Ressourcement: Retrieval and Renewal in Catholic Thought (RRRCT))