BizStore » Books » The Catholic Study Bible
Brand: Senior Donald
Feature: The Catholic Study Bible
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Oxford University Press
Manufacturer: Oxford University Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 2560
Publication Date: 2016-03-01
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Studio: Oxford University Press
• The Catholic Study Bible
This landmark resource, the first fully-based on the authoritative NABRE translation, contains the trustworthy study notes, expanded essays, and informational sidebars which have guided and informed students and general readers for 25 years. In this new edition, which comes in a protective slipcase, one-third of the Reading Guide materials are new, and all of the other Guides have been reviewed and revised by their original authors.
The extensive Reading Guide, the focal point of this volume, leads the reader through the Scriptures, book by book. References and background information are clearly laid out to guide the reader to a fuller understanding of the Bible. New to this edition is a more extensive treatment of the biblical background, including history and archeology.
Other outstanding features include: a 15-page glossary of special terms and complete Sunday and weekday lectionary readings for the liturgical years of the Church. Thirty-two beautiful pages of full-color Oxford Bible Maps come with a place-name index for easy reference.
Perfect for both higher education and clergy, Bible study and general readers, The Catholic Study Bible is an essential resource for both experienced students and first-time readers.
The New American Bible Revised Edition:
The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) brings to culmination the work of nearly 100 scholars, including translators, editors, and a subcommittee of Catholic bishops who provided extensive review of the biblical text over a period of many years. The NABRE is the first major amendment to the New American Bible translation since 1991. It features:
*The first update of the Old Testament since 1970, taking into account recent archaeological and textual discoveries.
*Complete revision of the Psalter.
• Portraits of Jesus: A Reading Guide
• Catholic Bible Indexing Tabs The Great Adventure
• Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction; Second Edition
• Catechism of the Catholic Church: Second Edition
• Does God Need the Church?: Toward a Theology of the People of God (Michael Glazier Books)
• Reason, Faith, and Tradition: Explorations in Catholic Theology, Revised Edition
• In the Beginning…': A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall (Ressourcement: Retrieval and Renewal in Catholic Thought (RRRCT))
• United States Catholic Catechism for Adult
• Understanding the Bible: A Basic Introduction to Biblical Interpretation
• The Confessions (The Works of Saint Augustine: A Translation for the 21st Century, Vol. 1)