BizStore » Books » Pop's Bridge
Brand: Harcourt Children's Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: HMH Books for Young Readers
Manufacturer: HMH Books for Young Readers
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 32
Publication Date: 2006-05-01
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Release Date: 2006-05-01
Studio: HMH Books for Young Readers
The Golden Gate Bridge. The impossible bridge, some call it. They say it can't be built.
But Robert's father is building it. He's a skywalker--a brave, high-climbing ironworker. Robert is convinced his pop has the most important job on the crew . . . until a frightening event makes him see that it takes an entire team to accomplish the impossible.
When it was completed in 1937, San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge was hailed as an international marvel. Eve Bunting's riveting story salutes the ingenuity and courage of every person who helped raise this majestic American icon.
Includes an author's note about the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.
• Twenty-One Elephants and Still Standing
• Bridges: Amazing Structures to Design, Build & Test (Kaleidoscope Kids)
• Building Bridges (Young Engineers)
• Twenty-One Elephants
• The World's Most Amazing Bridges (Landmark Top Tens)
• 13 Bridges Children Should Know
• The Golden Gate Bridge (Lightning Bolt Books)
• Destiny's Gift
• Roberto Clemente: Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates
• Fly Away Home