BizStore » Books » Pause: Harnessing the Life-Changing Power of Giving Yourself a Break
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2017-04-04
Release Date: 2017-04-04
Feeling overwhelmed, burned out, or stuck? Discover the power of the pause.
Sometimes life throws you for a loop. You’re stressed out at your job; you’re torn between work and family; your motivation and productivity are taking a nosedive. Your impulse might be to lean in and tough it out, but what you may really need to do is take a step back. Reassess your life with a clear head and dive back in with purpose and poise. In this enlightening book, Rachael O’Meara guides you through the steps of your own pause journey:
- The signs that you’re in need of a meaningful break
- Planning your optimal pause—whether it’s as short as a day or as long as an epic journey
- Reentering the world with renewed clarity and purpose.
Incorporating the latest findings from psychology and neuroscience and peppered with inspiring stories of successful pauses, this book will show you that the fastest way to happiness is to slow down. Whether you pause by taking a five-minute walk outside, spending a day unplugged from digital devices, or taking a few weeks off to yourself, Pause will give you the tools to find what “lights you up” and the ability to lead the most satisfying and fulfilling life you choose.
As seen in The Washington Post.
• Insight: Why We're Not as Self-Aware as We Think, and How Seeing Ourselves Clearly Helps Us Succeed at Work and in Life
• The New Rules of Work: The Modern Playbook for Navigating Your Career
• Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One
• Psyched Up: How the Science of Mental Preparation Can Help You Succeed
• Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong
• The Code of Trust: An American Counterintelligence Expert's Five Rules to Lead and Succeed
• Popular: The Power of Likability in a Status-Obsessed World
• Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are
• Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy
• Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy