BizStore » Books » Love 2.0: Finding Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection
Brand: Plume Books
Feature: Plume Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2013-12-31
Release Date: 2013-12-31
• Plume Books
“I wish I had known years ago about… Barbara Fredrickson… In particular her theory that accumulating ‘micro-moments of positivity,’ like my daily interaction with children, can, over time, result in greater overall well-being… In her newest book, Love 2.0, Dr. Fredrickson reports that 'shared positivity—having two people caught up in the same emotion—may have even a greater impact on health than something positive experienced by oneself….' The research that Dr. Fredrickson and others have done demonstrates that the extent to which we can generate positive emotions from even everyday activities can determine who flourishes and who doesn’t. More than a sudden bonanza of good fortune, repeated brief moments of positive feelings can provide a buffer against stress and depression and foster both physical and mental health.”—Jane Brody, The New York Times
We all know love matters, but in this groundbreaking book positive emotions expert Barbara Fredrickson shows us how much. Even more than happiness and optimism, love holds the key to improving our mental and physical health as well as lengthening our lives.
Using research from her own lab, Fredrickson redefines love not as a stable behemoth, but as micro-moments of connection between people—even strangers. She demonstrates that our capacity for experiencing love can be measured and strengthened in ways that improve our health and longevity. Finally, she introduces us to informal and formal practices to unlock love in our lives, generate compassion, and even self-soothe.
Rare in its scope and ambitious in its message, Love 2.0 will reinvent how you look at and experience our most powerful emotion.
• Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the Upward Spiral That Will Change Your Life
• Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being
• The Mind Club: Who Thinks, What Feels, and Why It Matters
• The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want
• Altruism: The Power of Compassion to Change Yourself and the World
• Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification
• The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die
• Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth
• Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment
• A Primer in Positive Psychology (Oxford Positive Psychology Series)