BizStore » Books » Love 2.0: Finding Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection
Brand: Plume Books
Feature: Plume Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2013-12-31
Release Date: 2013-12-31
• Plume Books
In this groundbreaking relationship book, positive emotions expert Barbara L. Fredrickson gives us an entirely new way of understanding love and appreciating its benefits.
“A radically new conception of love.”—The Atlantic
Even more than happiness and optimism, love holds the key to improving our mental and physical health as well as lengthening our lives. Using research from her own lab, Barbara L. Fredrickson redefines love not as a stable behemoth, but as micro-moments of connection between people—even strangers. She demonstrates that our capacity for experiencing love can be measured and strengthened in ways that improve our health and longevity. Finally, she introduces us to informal and formal practices to unlock love in our lives, generate compassion, and even self-soothe.
Rare in its scope and ambitious in its message, Love 2.0 will reinvent how you look at and experience our most powerful emotion.
“I wish I had known years ago about...Barbara Fredrickson...In particular her theory that accumulating ‘micro-moments of positivity,’ like my daily interaction with children, can, over time, result in greater overall well-being.”—Jane Brody, The New York Times
• Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3-to-1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life
• Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being
• The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want
• Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth
• The Power of Character Strengths: Appreciate and Ignite Your Positive Personality
• The Hope Circuit: A Psychologist's Journey from Helplessness to Optimism
• Altruism: The Power of Compassion to Change Yourself and the World
• Happy Together: Using the Science of Positive Psychology to Build Love That Lasts
• The Mind Club: Who Thinks, What Feels, and Why It Matters
• Character Strengths Interventions: A Field Guide for Practitioners