BizStore » Books » The Sonnets (The Pelican Shakespeare)
Edition: Revised ed.
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Penguin Classics
Manufacturer: Penguin Classics
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2001-12-01
Publisher: Penguin Classics
Release Date: 2001-12-01
Studio: Penguin Classics
The acclaimed Pelican Shakespeare series edited by A. R. Braunmuller and Stephen Orgel
The legendary Pelican Shakespeare series features authoritative and meticulously researched texts paired with scholarship by renowned Shakespeareans. Each book includes an essay on the theatrical world of Shakespeare’s time, an introduction to the individual play, and a detailed note on the text used. Updated by general editors Stephen Orgel and A. R. Braunmuller, these easy-to-read editions incorporate over thirty years of Shakespeare scholarship undertaken since the original series, edited by Alfred Harbage, appeared between 1956 and 1967. With definitive texts and illuminating essays, the Pelican Shakespeare will remain a valued resource for students, teachers, and theater professionals for many years to come.
For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700 titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust the series to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and notes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-date translations by award-winning translators.
• Henry IV, Part 1 (Modern Library Classics)
• The Tempest
• A Midsummer Night's Dream (No Fear Shakespeare)
• The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa, the African, Written by Himself (Norton Critical Editions)
• Petrarch's Lyric Poems: The Rime Sparse and Other Lyrics
• King Lear (The Pelican Shakespeare)
• Sir Philip Sidney: The Major Works (Oxford World's Classics)
• The Winter's Tale (The Pelican Shakespeare)