BizStore » Books » Polymer Science and Technology (3rd Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Prentice Hall
Manufacturer: Prentice Hall
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 688
Publication Date: 2014-07-04
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Studio: Prentice Hall
The Definitive Guide to Polymer Principles, Properties, Synthesis, Applications, and Simulations
Now fully revised, Polymer Science and Technology, Third Edition, systematically reviews the field’s current state and emerging advances. Leading polymer specialist Joel R. Fried offers modern coverage of both processing principles and applications in multiple industries, including medicine, biotechnology, chemicals, and electronics.
This edition’s new and expanded coverage ranges from advanced synthesis to the latest drug delivery applications. New topics include controlled radical polymerization, click chemistry, green chemistry, block copolymers, nanofillers, electrospinning, and more.
A brand-new chapter offers extensive guidance for predicting polymer properties, including additional coverage of group correlations, and new discussions of the use of topological indices and neural networks. This is also the first introductory polymer text to fully explain computational polymer science, including molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo methods. Simulation concepts are supported with many application examples, ranging from prediction of PVT values to permeability and free volume.
Fried thoroughly covers synthetic polymer chemistry; polymer properties in solution and in melt, rubber, and solid states; and all important categories of plastics. This revised edition also adds many new calculations, end-of-chapter problems, and references.
In-depth coverage includes
• Separation Process Principles with Applications using Process Simulators
• Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering (5th Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
• Chemical Process Safety: Fundamentals with Applications (3rd Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
• Phase Transformations in Metals and Alloys, Third Edition (Revised Reprint)
• Chemical Process Equipment: Selection and Design
• Fundamentals of Ceramics (Series in Materials Science and Engineering)
• Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes (4th Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
• Bioprocess Engineering: Basic Concepts (3rd Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
• Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering (4th Edition)
• Chemical Process Equipment Design