BizStore » Books » Making Content Comprehensible for Elementary English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (3rd Edition) (SIOP Series)
BizStore » Book
Making Content Comprehensible for Elementary English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (3rd Edition) (SIOP Series)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 2017-02-04
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
In this comprehensive guide, elementary educators get a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons that provide students access to grade-level content, develop students’ academic English skills, and prepare students to be college- and career-ready. Proven successful in improving teaching effectiveness and realizing academic gains for students, the SIOP Model presented in this book can be implemented in all content areas, and across grade levels and English proficiency levels.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition include specific applications of SIOP to Common Core and other state standards, as well as new educational reforms such as ESSA. To help teachers implement the SIOP model, new learning aids have been added, including Reflect and Apply exercises, Teaching with Technology vignettes, a new SIOP lesson plan template and sample lesson plan, and a new user-friendly approach to identifying and writing language objectives. The Enhanced Pearson eText version provides embedded video links that enable students to see the SIOP model in action, along with interviews featuring SIOP educators.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134550129 / 9780134550121 Making Content Comprehensible for Elementary English Learners: The SIOP® Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText–Access Card Package, 3rd Edition Package consists of:
• 99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
• Common Core for the Not-So-Common Learner, Grades K-5: English Language Arts Strategies
• Classroom Assessment for Student Learning: Doing It Right - Using It Well (2nd Edition) (Assessment Training Institute, Inc.)
• Teaching Writing: Balancing Process and Product (6th Edition) (Books by Gail Tompkins)
• 99 MORE Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model (SIOP Series)
• Formative Assessment: Making It Happen in the Classroom
• Social Studies for Social Justice: Teaching Strategies for the Elementary Classroom (The Teaching for Social Justice Series)
• Strategies That Work, 3rd edition: Teaching Comprehension for Engagement, Understanding, and Building Knowledge, Grades K-8
• Social Studies in Elementary Education, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package (15th Edition) (What's New in Curriculum & Instruction)
• Ready for RICA: A Test Preparation Guide for California's Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (4th Edition)