BizStore » Books » Making Content Comprehensible for Secondary English Learners: The SIOP Model (3rd Edition)
BizStore » Book
Making Content Comprehensible for Secondary English Learners: The SIOP Model (3rd Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2017-01-20
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134550137.
A comprehensive, coherent, research-validated model designed for helping secondary English learners meet rigorous academic standards.
In this comprehensive guide, secondary educators get a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons that provide students access to grade-level content, develop students’ academic English skills, and prepare students to be college- and career-ready. Proven successful in improving teaching effectiveness and realizing academic gains for students, the SIOP Model presented in this book can be implemented in all content areas, and across grade levels and English proficiency levels.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition include specific applications of SIOP to Common Core and other state standards, as well as new educational reforms such as ESSA. To help teachers implement the SIOP model, new learning aids have been added, including Reflect and Apply exercises, Teaching with Technology vignettes, a new SIOP lesson plan template and sample lesson plan, and a new user-friendly approach to identifying and writing language objectives. The Enhanced Pearson eText version provides embedded video links that enable students to see the SIOP model in action, along with interviews featuring SIOP educators.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
• 99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
• The Power of Reading: Insights from the Research, 2nd Edition
• Visible Learning for Teachers: Maximizing Impact on Learning
• The English Teacher's Companion, Fourth Edition: A Completely New Guide to Classroom, Curriculum, and the Profession
• What Really Works in Secondary Education
• The Differentiated Flipped Classroom: A Practical Guide to Digital Learning (Corwin Teaching Essentials)
• Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model (5th Edition) (SIOP Series)
• An Introduction to Student-Involved Assessment FOR Learning (7th Edition)
• Envisioning Literature: Literacy Understanding and Literature Instruction (Language and Literacy Series)
• Disciplinary and Content Literacy for Today's Adolescents, Sixth Edition: Honoring Diversity and Building Competence