BizStore » Books » Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (5th Edition) (SIOP Series)
BizStore » Book
Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (5th Edition) (SIOP Series)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 360
Publication Date: 2016-01-17
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Using a writing style that is practical and applicable to all kinds of classrooms, this widely popular book presents a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons for teaching English learners and other students. It provides students with access to grade-level content, develops their academic English skills, and prepares them to be college and career ready. The SIOP model is a comprehensive, coherent, research-validated, success-proven model for improving teaching effectiveness and ensuring academic gains for students. It can be implemented in all content areas at all grade levels and English proficiency levels. Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners provides specific application of the SIOP to the Common Core and other state standards and includes a Reflect and Apply eText feature in which readers explain their rating of teachers’ lessons, and Teaching with Technology vignettes that describe how to infuse technology into many different SIOP lessons. The Enhanced Pearson eText features new video links inserted throughout to illustrate chapter topics and discussion points. Check for Understanding and end-of-chapter quizzes provide a comprehensive means for gauging student understanding.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134403290 / 9780134403298 Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
• Foundations for Teaching English Language Learners: Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice
• 99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
• Essential Linguistics, Second Edition: What Teachers Need to Know to Teach ESL, Reading, Spelling, and Grammar
• Critical Multicultural Analysis of Children's Literature: Mirrors, Windows, and Doors (Language, Culture, and Teaching Series)
• Breaking Through
• Assessing English Language Learners: Bridges to Educational Equity: Connecting Academic Language Proficiency to Student Achievement
• Essential Linguistics: What You Need to Know to Teach Reading, ESL, Spelling, Phonics, and Grammar
• Making It Happen: From Interactive to Participatory Language Teaching -- Evolving Theory and Practice (4th Edition)
• 99 MORE Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model (SIOP Series)
• Scaffolding Language, Scaffolding Learning, Second Edition: Teaching English Language Learners in the Mainstream Classroom