BizStore » Books » Apache Cordova 4 Programming (Mobile Programming)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Addison-Wesley Professional
Manufacturer: Addison-Wesley Professional
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 2015-04-30
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Studio: Addison-Wesley Professional
Using Apache Cordova 4, you can leverage native technologies and web standards to quickly build cross-platform apps for most mobile devices. You can deliver a high-end user experience where it matters, while radically simplifying code maintenance and reuse. Apache Cordova 4 Programming is the most concise, accessible introduction to this remarkable technology.
In this essential guide, expert mobile developer John Wargo quickly gets you up to speed with all the essentials, from installation, configuration, and tools, to building plugins and using Cordova’s powerful APIs. Wargo helps you make the most of Cordova 4’s major enhancements, while offering practical guidance for all versions, including Adobe PhoneGap. Full chapters are dedicated to five major mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Firefox OS, and Ubuntu.
Using rich, relevant examples, Wargo guides you through both the anatomy of a Cordova app and its entire lifecycle, including cross-platform testing and debugging. Throughout, he illuminates Cordova development best practices, streamlining your development process and helping you write high-quality apps right from the start.
Access the full code examples at cordova4programming.com, where you’ll also find updates reflecting Cordova’s continuing evolution.
This book is an ideal companion to Wargo’s authoritative collection of Apache Cordova code recipes for each Cordova API, Apache Cordova API Cookbook (Addison-Wesley, 2015).
• Apache Cordova API Cookbook (Mobile Programming)
• The Internet of Us: Knowing More and Understanding Less in the Age of Big Data
• Apache Cordova in Action
• Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (3rd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
• Mobile App Development with HTML5
• Learning Ionic - Build Hybrid Mobile Applications with HTML5
• Android Boot Camp for Developers Using Java: A Guide to Creating Your First Android Apps
• Beyond Biocentrism: Rethinking Time, Space, Consciousness, and the Illusion of Death
• Ionic in Action: Hybrid Mobile Apps with Ionic and AngularJS