BizStore » Books » Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model (5th Edition) (SIOP Series)
BizStore » Book
Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model (5th Edition) (SIOP Series)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-01-16
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403290.
Using a writing style that is practical and applicable to all kinds of classrooms, this widely popular book presents a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons for teaching English learners and other students. It provides students with access to grade-level content, develops their academic English skills, and prepares them to be college and career ready. The SIOP model is a comprehensive, coherent, research-validated, success-proven model for improving teaching effectiveness and ensuring academic gains for students. It can be implemented in all content areas at all grade levels and English proficiency levels. Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners provides specific application of the SIOP to the Common Core and other state standards and includes a Reflect and Apply eText feature in which readers explain their rating of teachers’ lessons, and Teaching with Technology vignettes that describe how to infuse technology into many different SIOP lessons. The Enhanced Pearson eText features new video links inserted throughout to illustrate chapter topics and discussion points. Check for Understanding and end-of-chapter quizzes provide a comprehensive means for gauging student understanding.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
• Making It Happen: From Interactive to Participatory Language Teaching -- Evolving Theory and Practice (4th Edition)
• Assessing English Language Learners: Bridges to Educational Equity: Connecting Academic Language Proficiency to Student Achievement
• 99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
• Building Academic Language: Meeting Common Core Standards Across Disciplines, Grades 5-12
• Educational Psychology: Reflection for Action
• 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners (5th Edition)
• Teaching for Biliteracy: Strengthening Bridges between Languages
• The White Architects of Black Education: Ideology and Power in America, 1865-1954 (The Teaching for Social Justice Series)
• K-12 Classroom Teaching: A Primer for New Professionals (4th Edition)
• BLACK Volume 1