BizStore » Books » The Social Work Practicum: A Guide and Workbook for Students (7th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
BizStore » Book
The Social Work Practicum: A Guide and Workbook for Students (7th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
Format: Student Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2016-01-13
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403320.
In the new edition of Cynthia Garthwait’s The Social Work Practicum, theory and practice combine to offer a unique format for understanding, structuring, implementing, and evaluating practicum experience at both the BSW and MSW levels. This book provides a structured and yet individualized map for gaining the competencies required of social work professionals. The format integrates theory and practice to walk readers through the process of acquiring knowledge, developing skills, and enhancing social work values, and the unique format provides a solid background for understanding, structuring, implementing, and evaluating practicum experiences at both the BSW and MSW levels. The chapters are sequenced to allow for ongoing professional development, while clarifying expectations for applying knowledge and providing experiential learning opportunities that lead to professional competencies.
This edition offers new content on such important topics as professional licensing, organizational communication, planned change process, evaluation of practice, trends in social policy relevant to social work, social problem analysis, social policy formation, and leadership. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
• Empowerment Series: Essential Research Methods for Social Work
• Social Welfare Policy and Advocacy: Advancing Social Justice through 8 Policy Sectors
• Engaging Social Welfare: An Introduction to Policy Analysis (Connecting Core Competencies)
• Family Assessment Handbook: An Introductory Practice Guide to Family Assessment
• Social Work Treatment: Interlocking Theoretical Approaches
• Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Social Work with Groups: A Comprehensive Worktext (Book Only)
• Contemporary Human Behavior Theory: A Critical Perspective for Social Work (3rd Edition)
• Empowerment Series: Direct Social Work Practice: Theory and Skills - Standalone Book
• Child and Family Practice: A Relational Perspective
• Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (8th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)