BizStore » Books » Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (8th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
BizStore » Book
Generalist Social Work Practice: An Empowering Approach (8th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 504
Publication Date: 2016-01-14
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403347.
A firm foundation for understanding empowerment-focused social work, engaging clients, conducting solution-oriented assessment, and implementing, evaluating, and stabilizing change.
This widely popular resource provides a firm foundation for understanding empowerment-focused social work, engaging clients, conducting solution-oriented assessment, and implementing, evaluating, and stabilizing change. It demonstrates a progressive practice approach that is grounded in social work research, reflective of social work values, sensitive to client diversity, and applicable to working with any level of client system including individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
General Social Work Practice gives readers a method that fully realizes core social work values, respects client competence, and activates client resources within the context of their lives, beginning with engaging clients as partners and continuing with assessing, intervening, and evaluating from a strengths perspective. Thoroughly up to date, the book includes relevant information on contemporary trends in social work practice, revisions of the popular critical thinking questions consistent with the Council on Social Work Educations’ (CSWE) current core competencies and practice behaviors, and new links to e-resources to promote student learning and assessment. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
• Collaborative Therapy with Multi-Stressed Families, Second Edition (The Guilford Family Therapy Series)
• Where We Stand: Class Matters
• Clinical Interviewing
• The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics & Methodology: A Nontechnical Guide for the Social Sciences
• Essentials of Human Behavior: Integrating Person, Environment, and the Life Course
• Empowerment Series: Research Methods for Social Work
• The Social Work Skills Workbook
• The Social Work Practicum: A Guide and Workbook for Students (7th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
• Dimensions of Human Behavior: The Changing Life Course
• Surviving Mental Illness: Stress, Coping, and Adaptation