BizStore » Books » Economic Analysis of Social Issues (Economics)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 552
Publication Date: 2015-02-15
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyEconLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyEconLab search for 0134098374 / 9780134098371 Economic Analysis of Social Issues Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText (1-Semester Access) -- Access Card Package, 1/e
Package consists of:
MyEconLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Introductory one-semester course for freshman or sophomore non-majors without a background in economics.
Real-world data analysis, games, and economic experiments for socially engaged readers
Economic Analysis of Social Issues provides readers with a modern analytical approach to economics based on the tools of game theory. Readers who are passionate about contemporary social problems are given an analytical framework to discuss problems like pollution, health care, and the depletion of natural resources. Using fun, simple tools of game theory, readers discover that ultimately, these problems have similar origins. Readers will leave the course with a solid grasp of strategic behavior and understand how such behavior, exercised in the pursuit of individual incentives, can lead to poor collective outcomes.
A user-friendly, conversational writing style infused with analytical rigor makes the text approachable and easy to read. Economic experiments and games not found in any other text about the subject, along with real-time data analysis exercises allow readers to learn by doing. This approach teaches readers to analyze social problems, rather than memorize facts that will soon become dated or irrelevant.
Also available with MyEconLab®
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that
helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
MyEconLab allows you to engage your students in the course material before, during, and after class with a variety of activities and assessments.
• Economics of Public Issues (20th Edition) (The Pearson Series in Economics)
• Economics of Macro Issues (8th Edition) (Pearson Series in Economics)
• Essential Calculus: Early Transcendentals - Standalone Book
• Statistics: Concepts and Controversies
• Business Analytics (2nd Edition)
• Discovering Physical Geography
• Empowerment Series: An Introduction to the Profession of Social Work
• Introduction to Computing and Programming with Java: A Multimedia Approach
• Everyone's an Author with 2016 MLA Update: with Readings (Second Edition)
• Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (The Pearson Series in Economics)